Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana In 2016, the Government of India launched the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana as part of the Taxation Laws Act 2016 (Second Amendment). The initial objective of the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana was to ensure that tax evaders declare unaccounted money and avoid fines and criminal prosecution. Through this scheme, Govt. The intention is to use the accumulated black money for the welfare of poor people. The scheme was valid from December 2016 to March 2017.
In 2020, the government extended the scheme to include relief packages during the pandemic. The aim was to support the livelihood of the poor during the Covid-related lockdown.
- Name of Scheme :- PMGKY
- Full form :- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana(PMGKY)
- Launch Date :- 17th December 2016
- Government Ministries :- Ministry of Finance
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) Gujarat :
PMGKY was initially launched to bring back black money from tax evaders by protecting them from government action. Under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana, Govt. Opened a window for tax evaders to declare unaccounted income with a tax rate of 49.9%. The plan was to use the deposit to address income inequality in the country.
With the expansion of the scheme in 2020, the Govt. Announced relief packages during the COVID-19 pandemic. The aim of the extension was to prevent the employment disruption of low-wage workers and to support small establishments (with up to 100 employees). Under extension, Central Govt. The entire employee EPF contribution (12% of total wages) and employers’ EPF and EPS contributions (12% of wages), provide a total of 24% of monthly wages for three months. Along with this, the government also announced relief packages to support the poor through various schemes. A relief package of Rs. 1.70 lakh crore was announced by Union Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Ms. Nirmala Sitharaman under PMGKY.
The scheme was initially designed for three months, but was extended to November 2020
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Policy Details :
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020 aims to provide relief to various sections of the society like migrant workers, farmers, urban and rural poor and women. The government identified the worst-hit sectors amid the Covid-induced economic disruptions. To focus on each department, Govt. Many schemes launched under PMGKY.
The following three schemes are notable :
- PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana :- Provision of food grains to the poor (rural and urban) through PDS.
- Cash Transfer Scheme :- Rs. 500 each to women with Jan Dhan accounts
- Insurance Scheme :- Medical Insurance for Health Workers including Doctors, Nurses, Asha Workers, Paramedics and Sanitation Workers
Components of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana :
The PM Garib Kalyan Yojana package has the following components :
Key features of the scheme include :
- 80 crore persons, i.e., ~66% of India’s population were covered under this scheme.
- Each of them got double their current entitlement. This extra cost was free.
- To ensure protein availability, households were given 1 kg of pulses (according to regional preferences).
Cash Transfer Scheme :
- Under this, a total of 20.40 crore PMJDY women account holders will be paid monthly Rs. 500. In the first three months of the scheme, Rs. 31,000 crore rupees were deposited in the bank accounts of these women account holders.
Other flagship schemes initiated or accelerated by PMGKY include :
Advance payment to farmers under PM Kisan :
- To support farmers during Covid, the government extended the first installment of PM Kisan Yojana. Installment of Rs. 2,000 due in 2020-21, but frontloaded and paid in April 2020. About 8.7 crore farmers were covered in this.
Support to Low Wage Earners in Organized Sectors :
- To support small businesses, government proposes to pay 24% of monthly salary of employees into their PF account.
- Wage earners in businesses with <100 workers (earning less than Rs 15,000 per month) were eligible for the scheme.
Free gas cylinder to poor families :
- For three months starting April 2020, the government has provided free Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinders to more than 8 crore Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) beneficiaries.
MGNREGA Worker Support :
- Govt MNREGA wage hike of Rs 20 effective from April 1, 2020. The move was to provide an additional per capital gain of Rs. 2,000 to a worker. Approximately 13.62 crore families have benefited from this scheme.
Support to Senior Citizens :
- To support senior citizens and people with disabilities, Govt. Transfer Rs. 1,000 to 3 crore elderly widows and Divyang (disabled) category people for three months.
Important links :
- Download Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Notification :- Click here
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Official Website :- Click here
2 thoughts on “પ્રધાનમંત્રી ગરીબ કલ્યાણ યોજના || Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana”
Hello there, I think your website may be having web browser compatibility problems.
Whenever I take a look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine
however when opening in Internet Explorer, it’s got some
overlapping issues. I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
Besides that, wonderful website!
Hi, Neat post. There is an issue along with your web site in internet explorer,
would check this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader and
a good element of other people will leave out your magnificent writing due to this problem.